The Minutes of May 2019 were approved as emailed to the membership and published on our website.
Treasurer’s Report: the Balances in our accounts: General Acct, $3292; Quilt Show Acct, $421; and Raffle Acct, $489. The report will be filed for audit.
· Today – Suzi Parron will give a program on Barn Quilts. A half-day workshop ($45) will be held following the meeting.
· July 15 – Cheryl Phillips will give a program, and a class ($20) on her pattern Bonus Blossoms. For the class, you will also need to purchase her book & tool – Braided Twist @ $30, available at First Stitches, possibly at Stitcher’s Garden and Creative Sewing. The program cost will be shared with Scrappy Ladies (no guest fee for meeting & program). If you want to take the class, please sign up today, with payment.
· August 19 – Miniature quilts with Joy Sterner and Mary Kay Witte.
Committee Reports –
· Membership – we have five new members today! Welcome to Julie, Karen, Kay, Susan and Heidi.
· Fat Quarters – theme this month was Patriotic, won by Julie Frazier and Carol Nachtigal. The theme next month is Pink.
· Sunshine – 52 members & 11 guests today – 4 joined! Drawing for one yard of fabric, for wearing her name tag: Peggy Gonzales.
· Newsletter – The due date for submittal of items for the next newsletter (July/August) is June 27th, to Lucy – Please!
· Love Quilts – Agnes has 6 kits today.
· Quilt Show Committee –
1. Mary Roldan has retired from the Committee after serving for 10 years.
2. Mary Vandeberg and Jill Jespersen join the Committee for the 2020 Show.
· In-House -- #1/Ricky Tims’ book and three 1-yd cuts of hand dyed fabric (Becky Hedrick). #2/Mexican Stars kit with pattern and fabric (Agnes Jantz). #3/Several animal patterns (Paige Boitz).
Old Business –
· Quilt judging at the County Fair will be on July 21st.
· Our booth at the State Fair this year will be large - 14’x25’, in the space against the wall between the two doors on the South Wall of the Creative Arts bldg.. We hope to set up several displays including a treadle machine, a dress form, and some of our Love Quilts, as well as our usual hand quilting. The chairs are less than comfortable; donations of chair cushions would be appreciated!
New Business – None.
Personal Business –
· Teresa is a new grandma!
· Carol C.’s brother is getting married.
· The Scrappy Ladies Quilt Show, scheduled for July 6-7 in LaVeta, has been CANCELLED due to the threat of flooding.
New member Kay shared this paper pieced table runner.
Suzi got us started